Vote for the Q1 MSE Awards here!
What is Magic Set Editor?
Magic Set Editor is a program that allows users to design custom cards for a number of popular trading card games, though it was originally designed for, and primarily supports, Magic: the Gathering, hence the name. With MSE, you can create anything from individual cards to whole custom expansions, render your cards as image files, and even export sets to play with them using programs like LackeyCCG. Originally developed by Twan van Laarhoven, the program is now maintained by a dedicated fan community, which continually updates it with new card templates and data updates.
Disclaimer: Magic Set Editor is exclusively for the creation of custom cards, and is not to be used for counterfeiting or fakery. Please check the forum rules for more information on this.
Getting Started with MSE
If you’re new to Magic Set Editor, we’ve compiled a starter pack of the program itself plus all the templates and files you should need to get started. Get it here!
• Create your own cards and expansions for Magic: the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, and other card games
• Create authentic card images in png, jpg, bmp and tiff formats, and export whole sets at once
• Analyze your set with powerful statistics tools
• Generate randomized packs and Sealed pools
• Expand your options with dozens of diverse card templates
• Play with the cards you’ve made on LackeyCCG and/or Cockatrice