Post by pernicious on May 5, 2022 20:43:03 GMT
The challenge is to design a 60-card deck themed around your self-insert as a planeswalker with the following rules:
• 15-24 basic lands.
• 1 mythic rare planeswalker card. Name your self-insert as you wish; keep the theme of the deck coherent to what kind of mage you want to play (e.g. if you play as a necromancer, fill it with zombies and evil spirits).
• To standardize the rarity: 6 rares, 18 uncommons and the rest all commons.
• Aside from basic lands, you can insert at most 6 strict reprints of real cards in it (sideboard included) , all the remaining cards must be custom designs. If you do use strict reprints, consider making a new render for them with different art and new flavor text. If you'd like, you can also make new renders for the basic lands, just to use new artwork you like. Functional reprints instead have no limits, but they must still be custom designs.
• All 60 cards must be rendered.
• Optionally, you can also design and render a 15-card sideboard for your deck. If you do, its rarity quotas are 2 rares, 6 uncommons and the rest all commons.
When you're finished, post your decklist with your renders/images linked in it. Freely comment the designs in this thread. Have fun!
Daij_Djan That's right, no deadlines; this thread is just a showcase. No rules against two,three or four-offs. About non-basic lands, I don't mind at all; the first rule doesn't preclude including non-basic lands; I've reduced the minimum amount of basic lands to 15 in case one wants to use include more non-basic lands. I've also added an optional sideboard design and clarified the strict/functional reprint rule.
Also, the Duel Deck challenge you linked is really cool. I'd love to play it if it comes up again.