So the download section on the main page has a whole host of issues, namely:
1) There's no changelog, and the EXE still notes version 2.0.0 - has anything actually been changed? There are certainly a lot of console problems, though that might just be the added templates. If it's an inherently unstable experimental build, it should be labeled as such.
2) Dropbox is not a great way to offer a file package, since it has a download limit and tends to change public terms suddenly. It's currently down due to the user's download size restrictions. Google drive is free and offers the same public downloads without these limits.
3) The mediafire link functions, but the "advanced" package it downloads is unusable, since the ZIP is missing the resources folder. So it's quite a bit more advanced than you might have been thinking.
Not a mod so cannot really speak for anyone, but here is basically my experience: 1)I have downloaded both versions and from what I can tell the difference is basically what was written on the download page. This is MSE 2.0.0 with some changes given by cajun, but none is on the main program from what I could tell. That is pretty much it. It does not directly say it is an unstable build, though there is a download option for the MSE 2.0.0 version with text literally saying: "Experiencing difficulties? Try the MSE 2.0.0 the last known stable version of MSE." At the end of the downloads page.
2) I agree. Had problems with Dropbox not allowing for download.
3) I have downloaded the Advanced package. I was using it. What do you mean exactly by unusable? Because it opens for me and can make cards. Is there something I am not aware that the mentioned file does?