I got the itch to play around with Warlord Saga of the Storm this week due to AEG's 20th Anniversary of the game but I don't think I've ever encountered this in any template I've ever seen before.
After launching MSE and selecting the Warlord Saga of the Storm template, it opens up as normal but for some reason there isn't a table with each of the various column headers. Also, most other templates have a blank card as the default with only a few stats already filled in (current card number out of total cards and rarity). I have been able to fill in items within the text boxes sections and select rarity images. The other odd item is when I click the "Add Card" section, the card I was working on disappears. It doesn't show the new card or the old one in the table.
I have a solution for you, assuming you have the same copy of this template as I do. Mine came from Pichoro's template repository.
In the warlord.mse-game folder, you need to edit the game file.
For several card fields, you need to add a line that reads "card list visible: true". You should add this line to the name field, the attack field, the armor class field, and the card number field.
Save the file, make sure it has no extension; the file name should just be game rather than game.txt or anything else.
You then need to clear your cache, or the changes you just made won't actually show up. Assuming you are using windows, go to "C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Magic Set Editor" where NAME is replaced with whatever your user account is designated. Delete the contents of the folder. When you run MSE again, the folder will be repopulated, and using your Warlord template should work properly.
Also, I noticed that the attack and armor class fields are both set to the same list column, which I suspect will result in that column's contents not displaying correctly. I'm not familiar with this game and therefore what you would expect that piece of information to look like, so I'm not sure how to resolve that issue.