Truename Revival The return of the greatest villain in the Multiverse!
Truename Revival is intended to be a draftable, multicolor tribal set chronicling the escape of Tibalt from his prison on Regatha, his liberation of Nicol Bolas, and the ensuing war between those two, Chandra Nalaar, and a new hero of Regatha who seeks to unite the Five Tribes, Hylia.
The Five Tribes of Regatha The five tribes of Regatha are:
Monks of Keral Keep Weirds of the Sewers Elves of the Great Western Wood Human Clerics of the Order of Heliud Faeries of the Great Western Wood Canopy
More to come! I have 81 cards designed so far.
Very open to critiques, tweaks, suggestions, advice, etc! Especially when it comes to numbers, I have no idea what a good number distribution would be for this set.
Post by fluffydeathbringer on Jun 27, 2020 9:17:16 GMT
- bolas looks fine mostly but "destroy target nonland but better" as a -1 is still slightly dodge. I get that the expenditure in defending the creature long enough to get to flip it is a factor but still
- tibalt's +1 is iffy colorpiewise (draw-then-discard is traditionally blue whereas discard-then-draw is traditionally red) and a repeatable wrath as a minus is worrying in terms of limited. also the goad does nothing in duels
- chandra's +1's peek does nothing to support its +0 and I have no idea why it's there, also the -X lets you drop two fivedrops the next turn from playing this which is. scary
- hylia's balance is all over the place, the +2 is a nonentity and the -3 is egregiously strong. (good canon comparison point: Garruk, Caller of Beasts)
- shianjiu needs a "until end of turn", cool punisher effect otherwise
- repeatable fateseal on aaliyah runs the risk of someone getting aaliya, drafting elves.dek and just locking you out of answers/lands, which makes me wary about drafting this. depends on whether or not repeatable sac/flicker is prevalent in the format I suppose